Sat, Mar 25|
Grace Bible Church
Show Me Your Glory
A lenten retreat to look for the glory of God in suffering. As we consider the death of Lazarus in John 11, we will fix our eyes on Jesus and attend to His story, their story, and our own stories. We will ask God to reveal His glory ~ He is our hope and anchor in life's challenges. (Men and Women)
Time & Location
Mar 25, 2023, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Grace Bible Church, 423 N Main St, Souderton, PA 18964, USA
About The Event
"Show me Your glory, Lord."
As followers of Jesus, we experience intimacy, uncertainty, waiting, suffering, great hope and blessing. The Scriptures tell us that Mary, Martha, and Lazarus were friends of Jesus. And yet, as opposition to Jesus' ministry increased and his journey approached the cross, his friends encountered a family crisis (John 11). Lazarus became sick. The sisters sent word to Jesus that the one he loved was sick. After all of his ministry to the crowds, they must have hoped he would come to them in their need.
- Let us consider Jesus' journey toward the cross as opposition to his ministry increases.
- Let us consider the choices and words of our Savior to his disciples when they received word of Lazarus' illness.
- As we reflect on our own story in light of God's story, what do we think or do when God's response to our prayer and suffering seems ambiguous, confusing, or even absent?
- How does God feel about our suffering? How can we lean in to the God who loves us?
- How is the glory of God the center, the hope, and the anchor of every story?
Join me for a retreat where we create space to attend to God, to attend to our own stories, and to look for God's glory in the unfolding reality of God's love for us through his Son, Jesus. We will engage the practice of lectio divina and a variety of prayer practices.
A retreat folder and name tags will be provided. Water bottles and snacks will be available. Bring your own hot drinks: coffee or tea (There is a Wawa across the street from the church.)
Early registration - suggested fee $26 (February 7 - March 3)
Late registration - suggested fee $32 (March 4 - March 14)
Stay tuned. There may be an optional afternoon creative prayer workshop offered for those interested with an additional fee.
- Ticket type
Late Registration - $32PricePay what you wantSold Out
This event is sold out